We offer prospective client publishers a number of different ways to explore IPG’s capabilities as a book distributor and to understand the particular methods we employ to reach the book market.
Who We Are
The Distribution Services
and Digital Services
areas provide a concise summary of major print and digital distribution programs that IPG operates, and also delineate the various sales channels we employ.
provides a very detailed, linear account of the company’s history, leadership, employees, methods, financial health, and special publisher services. This area provides a "one stop shop" for people that are looking to learn about our company from the ground up.
- The Online Resources area explains the superior sales and inventory reporting, as well as exhaustive resources and tools custom designed to cater to a publisher's unique needs. This area also provides a limited sneak peek at these resources.
area shows information on all IPG-distributed publishers, and allows users to sort through the entire IPG list by publisher in order to evaluate the quality of the companies we distribute.
- The other navigation buttons are designed to meet the specific needs of book professionals: booksellers, academics, libraries, and the media. Some time spent working through this material should convince any publisher that IPG is a wide-ranging, highly expert book marketing organization.
- The Browse All Titles area allows users to "slice and dice" the full IPG list as they see fit. Titles can be sorted by BISAC category, publisher, age range, language, pub date, page count, and more—all so that our partners can quickly and accurately narrow down our list to the titles that best fit their specific niche.
Explore a Relationship with IPG
IPG works on an exclusive basis with the book trade, working with carefully selected clients who exhibit high standards for publishing creative, responsible, and salable titles. If you would like IPG to consider distributing your titles, please send a description of your program and specific titles, a link to your website if you have one, cover images, and a summary of your future publishing plans to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted shortly.
Publishers with an established, ongoing publishing program that are interested in distribution through IPG should email us with the following information:
- A description of your publishing program (include how old it is, how many titles published per year, mission statement etc).
- Link to the website and catalog (or a list of titles and ISBNS, at a minimum)
- Any additional marketing or publicity documents that would allow us to evaluate your promotional efforts
Email this information to email@example.com so that our publisher development staff can determine whether the books are a good fit for the IPG list and/or what the next best steps will be.
Start-up publishers and smaller publishers (ie. with fewer than 10 titles) who are looking for distribution services can visit Small Press United. Small Press United is designed to help publishers break into the market and succeed from the start.